Saturday, June 23, 2007

Great Pond Mountain

The hike turned into more of a nature walk. I hadn't hiked this trail for about 10 years (literally) and they have now blocked of the road that takes you to the trail. Obviously we didn't know this until we got there! So instead we found a nature trail in the same area. We ended up walking around for about an hour and half! We all still had a great time despite not getting those mountain views we were hoping for.

I said hey, let's keep going - who cares about this sign. The worst they'll do is make us leave and who would really say "hey, you can't walk here!" haha! But we all talked and said it would be best of we turned around.



This trail is called Mossy Trail! As you can see - it's very mossy.



Deep down I'm a bad ass and once'n awhile it comes out in little ways. I didn't think much of it until we got back from hiking and then I started laughing!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Is that traffic or all people parked and hiking?? That's alotta cars!

Rick Jordan said...

Isn't that where the Craig Pond Fish Factory is? Colleen says it isn't and I say it is!

Kristie said...

All those cars are parked. There was a cub scout camp going on. And yes Rick, you're right!! It's the same place as the hatchery. =)

Colleen said...

I did not! I said it WAS... Geesh I was just THERE... duh!

Way to listen. :p

Anonymous said...

Man, I had so much fun today though even though we didn't really know where we were going. We have got to go hiking again soon though. Love ya Kah

Colleen said...

You are tagged :) See my blog for details!