Tuesday, June 19, 2007

ouch

Okay, so the little sunburn I mentioned last time turned out to be not so little. One of my shoulders has a bunch of blisters and it has been weeping the past couple of days. Yes, gross and very uncomfortable. I've been loading aloe to both shoulders because they are still very red. I'm hoping it'll start to get better soon because it really is pretty bad. If it isn't getting better within the next day or two I'm going to call the doctor. Unless someone has a suggestion. I've had sunburns before (what I thought were really bad sunburns), but I've never had them blister. Normally, I switch sides while I sleep and sometimes switch to my back. But because of these burns I haven't been able to sleep on my sides so the past 2 nights I didn't sleep well. And tonight I've felt grumpy from being over tired. so there, that's all I have for tonight.

3 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

WOW! I have only done that once in my life! Went fishing in a canoe all day with no shirt on! They blistered really bad and hurt like CRAZY but the worst part was after the blisters went away and it started peeling! I honestly though I was going to go crazy from the itching! My Mom is a nurse and she said that means you went further than a sunburn and actually have second or third degree burns where they blister! They do go away eventually but it takes time like everything!

Kristie said...

yeah, I thought I might have 2nd degree burns, but honestly it doesn't really hurt much. But the spot where the blisters are is a small area (just the top of 1 shoulder) so it really isn't a sensitive area. Today my shoulder looks a lot better! I think I'll live!! =)

Colleen said...

Yikes... that must have hurt! You should have some Solarcaine on hand for future use! Noxema feels great on a burn too!