Tuesday, July 17, 2007
CAMP!!!
Just 5 more days until we head out to East Grand Lake for a week! I picked up a few things tonight to bring with us. We'll be taking off Sunday morning, Monday we've got 4 other people coming up to stay the night! They're leaving Tuesday and at some point Karen's going to come up for just the day. Other than that we'll be all by ourselves! I've been watching the weather and it looks like it'll be pretty nice. The days should be in the mid to high 70's and the nights will cool off to about the mid 50's. Because I'm a fanatic about making sure I have EVERYTHING I'll need I started my "list" this past weekend and I'll probably start packing thursday. I have a lot of running around to do on Saturday so I don't want to be worrying about making sure my packing is done. Avon comes in Friday night so that's going to kill some time, we have to do laundry before we leave, need to grocery shop (probably Sunday morning). One of Tim's projects is to put a bunch of good music on his MP3 player - haha! Colleen got him some portable speakers for Christmas a few years ago and the MP3 player hooks right up to them PERFECT! I need to take bottles back and cash in our change - oh yeah, i failed to mention that's how we pay for our trip, bottle money and spare change. We've been keeping it aside since the last time we went to camp! We've got about $260 saved. I don't think we'll need the whole thing, but it's kinda cool since it doesn't feel like we're using money out of our pockets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is a really cool way to pay for camp! Hope you guys have good weather and have a good time! We are going the week after you get back- as you know and hopefully there are two full weeks of good weather left in the summer!
Neat way to save!!
We are getting excited too! Today Jessi and her friend and I made our grocery list. Of course they were pretty much just interested in what SNACKS I was going to buy. Their requests.... Spinach Artichoke Dip and SHRIMP!!
Very cool idea... paying for it with bottles and change.
I hope you have a great time!
Post a Comment