Saturday, January 5, 2008

Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis

Tim got a new book for Christmas, an autobiography by Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I asked him if he liked it so far and he said yes. I asked what it was about and he couldn't seem to give me an answer (although he hadn't gotten far into the book yet) or maybe he was ignoring me because at the time he was reading. Well, I decided to see what the book was about myself. I read the Intro and began the first chapter and BAM... I was hooked. I don't normally read true stories of any kind, especially an autobiography. But, I wanted to see what Tim was reading about and I had finished the book I was reading. Let me just make it clear that I have lived my entire life in Maine (semi-sheltered). To read about a person who began drug use (pot) at 11 years old and had sex for the first time at 11 (w/ his dad's 18 year old girlfriend) is crazy to me. A life of free love in California, living with your Hippy Dad or otherwise homeless half the time, and using coke as early as 14 years old!! And eventually you throw into the mix the "accidental" creation of a band. It really is very interesting. I've been reading it every chance I get. I do have to say some of the book is a little confusing at times because he jumps around with the time periods, but I'm overall impressed with the writing (although, he did have some help writing the book from a guy named Larry Sloman). There's a great amount of detail. Tim's taken off to jam for awhile tonight so it's given me some quiet time to read! If you're a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan I definitely suggest reading this book!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HMM MMM!! hahah So I have a feeling you may finish that book today with being alone at the apartment hahahaha

Colleen said...

I almost got that for him just so that I could read it!!

...then I forgot. :)

Anonymous said...

How far did you get this weekend in the book? I bet you read that a lot this weekend and are almost done with it hahhaha!

Rick Jordan said...

I know all about the sheltered, living in Maine thing! That made me laugh!

Kristie said...

I have about 150 pages to go. I didn't read much today. I almost feel bad reading in front of Tim because he isn't reading the book until I'm done. =o)

Anonymous said...

Haha so you are sure to read it when he isn't around so much huh? To funny.. well you will be done before he knows it and he can get back to his reading!

Nicole said...

That looks like a book I might need to read!