My mom used to make really yummy biscuits when I was a kid (I think they were from Betty Crocker). So anyway, when I moved out I copied a lot of my moms recipes and one was the Betty Crocker biscuit recipe. I've had the recipe for awhile now, but almost always buy the frozen pillsbury dinner rolls or biscuits instead. Tim is working today and I don't have much going on so I decided to whip me up a batch of moms good ole tasty biscuits. HA!
Not sure who I was kidding, but they are absolutly NOTHING like my moms!! Rather, they look like chunks of cooked dough with WAY too much flour on them! (they wouldn't stop being so sticky so I just continued to flour the crap out of them!) I did taste test one... it was edible and I probably wont die. I am just so disappointed - they have none of that flakey goodness of moms delicious biscuits. They're more like chewy grossness! HAHA! Well, honestly I'm still serving them with dinner tonight. I think Tim will still eat a few (maybe to my surprise he'll like them).
I'm going to take a wild guess and say Tim will by pass this one! It'll probably end up in the trash with about 20 of the other biscuits!! =o)
11 comments:
Hahaha that is to darn funny!! I think you should give mom a call and see what she does differently so maybe next time you can serve them at dinner and actually enjoy them!!! hahaha Good effort though!
Well it was worth a shot ;)
Try this one next time...
http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/2007/11/pw_dinner_rolls_-_no_kneading_required.html
...or ask your mom if she'll make them with you so that you can see what she does.
At least you didn't bake a candle into them...lol
So how did they go over for dinner???
My Grandfather used to say that making good biscuits is one of the hardest things to do! My Dad says the same thing! You gave it a good effort and they don't look THAT bad!
Then went over okay for dinner. I don't think Tim wanted to eat any... or maybe he was teasing, I don't know. But he ate 2 and said they were fine... the big test is if he eats anymore!
And you're right Colleen. I had thought about calling her while I was starting them but I figured "come on, you can do this Kristie"
That intrigues the shit out of me to what that said! LOL
That intrigues the shit out of me to what that said! LOL
haha! They were comments from people I didn't know and they said "check this out" and it gave a link to whatever ... I hate that stuff. I don't know why I ended up w/ 2 on the same blog post.
Well that isn't NEARLY as intriguing as I thought! LOL
Post a Comment