Monday, February 25, 2008

LONG OVER DUE!!

I finally get to blog about the house Tim and I are trying to buy. We've been nervous about telling people because we've had some trouble in the past when it comes to house hunting. It's almost exhausting to get so excited and share that excitement with people but then turn around and tell everyone it isn't going to work out. So, the house is in Holden - a 2 bedroom 1 bath Ranch. The master bedroom is really big!! Full basement with the beginnings of a "finished" room which we plan to finish probably this summer ... if the house is ours of course. It sits on about 1.6 acres. The house needs some paint in the kitchen and some touch ups in the bedrooms and living room... and the trim in the entire house needs to be repainted white. And with some cleaning we'll be on our way to a super awesome first house!! Tomorrow is our home inspection (at 9:00a). This is our first hurdle (well techincally getting the seller to agree on the offer was our first hurdle... so 2nd hurdle). If the inspection comes back good than we can move forward with the loan, like the appraisal and stuff. We have been approved for a loan it's just a matter of getting the ball rolling with it. I think nightly Tim says "we're moving, we have to pack everything and move." haha!! YAY! I have a few pictures of the inside, but none of the outside. I'll take a pic of the outside tomorrow when we go for the inspection.

I'm very excited about this house! We both really really want it to work out!! Tim's actually at a point now where he feels good about affording this!! =o) Get this though! One of the first things he said when we checked out the house was "it only has 2 bedrooms, I want more than 1 kid" HAHA!! I'm like, calm down... this is just our first house! And I think the kids can share a room for a few years if necessary!

I'll post again tomorrow with a pic of the outside!

7 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

How sweet is that? Congratulations to you guys! I hope everything works out fine and we can get more good news tomorrow! Good luck, guys! You deserve it!

Colleen said...

It is SO CUTE and cheery!! LOVES IT and SO excited for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Today is the big day... I am waiting for you to call me and let me know how it all went even though you won't have the final results today! I am so hoping it works out for you. Finally a post about it though!!! hehe Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Haha Ok so my comment sounds kinda weird like I am not waiting to hear about the house but something else... but I am waiting to hear about the house... ok I need to stop now... haha talk to you later

Rick Jordan said...

LOL- it does sound like you are asking about something else! Give them time! They need a house first!

Anonymous said...

I know I know... im just so exciting... it's making me get ahead of myself hahahha

Rick Jordan said...

LOL- completely understand!