Sunday, October 12, 2008

HEAT!!

When Dad and Jason started working on the room downstairs they accidently broke the water pipe that runs through the heating baseboard. Needless to say ALL the water through the entire house baseboards came running out the pipe downstairs! It was crazy!! haha!! I guess when this happens air gets into the pipes and the pipes need to be bled before the heat will work. Well, Dad and Jason didn't know how to do it, but Lew did. Lew was only able to do about half of the bleeding for the pipes and I told him not to worry about it (because it was the middle of the summer).
And not that it was ever a big deal that we haven't had any heat because Tim and I said we wouldn't use the heat until at least October (to save $$$). Lew came by today to finish it up and we now have heat. I have to say there were a few evenings that 62 degrees was mighty chilly! 62 feels different if there is a heat in the room, but a no-heat-62 IS COLD! The coldest it got in the house was 60... so all in all it was totally worth waiting to use any heat, and I actually have it off now anyway - it's pretty nice today. For now we'll just turn it on during the evenings.
Some evenings I would bake cookies or be sure to use the oven as part of my dinner plans. It helped take the chill off for a little while. :)

1 comment:

Rick Jordan said...

Good for you guys! Heating oil is dropping like a rock right now so we are going to try and hold out as long as we can! We have turned our heat on though- a couple of those nights got mighty cold! Sorry about the whole water leak issue! Sounds like that sucked!