Sunday, October 11, 2009

Acadia National Park


Karen and I went to Acadia yesterday - we spent about 2 1/2 hours hiking/sightseeing. We hiked up Cadillac Mountain. It was beautiful!! I love this time of year - the smells and the colors. It was a cool day, but perfect for hiking. Once we were at (near) the top it was super windy, but the majority of the hike the trees are surrounding you so you never even notice the breeze. I slipped once - no major injuries. We lost the map at the top because of the wind, luckily the trails are well marked - haha :)




We both had a great time. The 2 of us hadn't done anything together for awhile - since I'd been spending so much time planning for the wedding. We passed a winery on our way down and thought we might check that out sometime soon!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Great photos... I have never done the trails at Acadia... how un-mainer of me, right? Your pics make me want to though!

Rick Jordan said...

Sounds like a fun time! Very nice pictures. It definitely was windy- thats for sure!

Karen said...

Such an awesome time! We need to be sure to do it a lot next year!