Thursday, June 30, 2011

2 month check up

We had Kaelyn's 2 month check up today. She gained about 1 1/2 lbs bringing her up to 10 1/2 lbs. Length wise she didn't grow very much, only 3/4 inches, so she is 22 3/4 inches long. Her head is still small for her size. She had 2 shots today and did very well. After the second shot (what the nurse called the "stinger") she screamed so Mommy teared up a little. She quickly recovered once Daddy picked her up and held her tight. She is basically on target with simple milestones like following things with her eyes, responding to noises, gaining eye/hand coordination - all that good stuff. She is still doing well with sleeping 6-8 hours each night! And today marks the third day of me feeding her ONLY breast milk!! I F'in ROCK!! :) I feel so excited to have her only eating breast milk. One of the hard parts is that she likes to nurse for a long time usually about 30 minutes (sometimes longer). I read that baby's can nurse from 15-60 minutes and to not let the clock determine your baby's feeding. Although, it can be challenging when we are out and about doing things to have to stop and nurse for 1/2 an hour! But it's worth it!!! The first night after only having breast milk she woke up every 3 hours, but the second night she did her normal routine (sleep from 10-10:30 until 5:00ish)! Formula tends to digest a little slower than breast milk so I was concerned she wouldn't feel as full through the night so she'd want to get up more often to eat. She also hardly ever spits up anymore. With formula she would spit up almost every time she ate it (which is common for formula fed babies) - and if you've ever smelled formula it is disgusting and is even more gross when it comes back up!!

We're heading out tomorrow morning to spend the night out to camp. After talking about Kaelyn's great sleeping habits I'm sure it won't be so great in a new place. I'm really looking forward to it though! I think I have everything packed for Kaelyn. I'm sure I over packed, but you can never be too careful with a 2 month old! :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I LOVE the look on her face in that photo... too freakin cute!