Monday, March 5, 2007

I wanna help!

Lately I've been so caught up in trying to help others, but don't know HOW to help others. I don't mean in the "individual" sense. For instance, I'm doing the Walk for MS and I'm trying to raise money for the MS Society. It's really important to me because my Mom has MS. So I've gotten pretty caught up in that. And now I'm getting caught up in helping get stuff for the homeless shelter. I pass it everyday at least twice a day! And they had an article in the weekend paper about the Shelter... blah blah blah! So I called today and asked what kinds of things they need for the shelter and they said "everything". The lady told me that they don't only help the people while they're "homeless", but they also try and help them when they get into an apartment and back on their feet. Now, I don't know how to help! With the MS Walk I sent out an email at work to about 12 people and hope I'll get a good response (2 people have donated so far on top of the 2 donations I've already received). I can't send ANOTHER e-mail to people at work to help the Homeless Shelter. So how do I get the word out? How do I get people to help me? And why would anyone who doesn't know me support me? Helping others is important to me! I enjoy doing it - it makes me feel good! I know I don't have a lot of money to spare, but I feel I should do something.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Like what do they mean 'everything'? I have never even heard of people taking 'stuff' there. Everyone takes stuff to goodwill or the salvation army. I get the 'helping' bug now and then... it never seems to stick around though, so I admire those that really get out there and do stuff!!!

Kristie said...

Everything in the sense of pots and pans, dishes, glasses, and bathroom stuff (toothbrush, deo., soap, wash clothes, towels etc.) . I never heard of people taking "stuff" there either. You always think they just need food, but really they need more!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!! haha You wonder why you are so stressed you spead yourself so thin sometimes. I think it is wonderful that you want to help but space it out woman!!! haha Love ya!