Wednesday, April 25, 2007

New Job

First, let me say that with the merger taking place this spring/summer my job is being eliminated. But, supposedly there is going to be loan assistant positions that will open and I am SUPPOSE to slip into one of those. I don't want to! For many reason, but lets just say I'd still have the same boss and that doesn't work well for me. Anyway, the bank has been opening a lot of new positions and they e-mail them out to the employees. I was given a heads up about a position that was opening in the financial department. I interviewed for it today and it's totally mine if I want it, as he said "the balls in your court". I told him I'd like to take a day to think about and see if I have any more questions first. The job will give me a lot more earning potential. I'll get a chance to take the Series 7 (give me a license to sell and talk about annuities, stocks, etc.), I'll be earning a base pay along with incentives. My title would be Sales Assistant so as long as the person I'm working for reaches his goals than I'd be getting a cut of that commission pay he gets. As of lately he's been so busy that's why I'm needed. The better I do my job the more money he can bring it. It's really exciting!!! Needless to say I'll probably be taking the job. I won't start right away. I'll need to help the Mortgage Department get through some of the merger and in the mean time gradually move into the Sales Assistant job. The financial department only consists of this 1 person - so I would be the first step to helping it grow.
At first I felt bad about leaving the Mortgage Department, but I don't anymore. I need to make this career change for me. I have no idea what this new job will bring and maybe I'll find it was a bad choice. The job will be challenging, but I feel prepared for it. The job offers a lot of opportunity for growth in less than a years time....but the choice would be mine about how far I would want to take it. I feel like with this job I would have a lot of control about where I'm headed next (within reason of course, I still work for Merrill Bank). Nate (my future boss) is a go getter, he's a good person who likes to rake in some cash! If i get the hang of all this stuff I could rake in my own set of cash piles - mmm... sounds tasty!!

1 comment:

Artistically Twisted said...

Wow it sounds Like a great opportunity!
Congrats (if you decide to take it!