Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's not all sunshine and smiles

Ugh! I came home and took an hour nap. I knew this new job wouldn't be easy. I'm going into a situation where my boss is UNORGANIZED and backed up with work and I need to organize him AND get things caught up. It's feeling almost impossible at the moment because I work with him half days and it just doesn't seem to be enough time to get what I need from him. I know once things are caught up and where they should be than I'll be awesome at this job! It truly will be a good fit, but goodness gracious I'm going crazy! And it'll probably be at least another week before I am working full time in my new position. To make things worse I have no desk or work space with my new job. I'm working from the other side of Nate's (my boss) desk. Or I just go back to my old desk and work there - which is no good because then the mortgage department bugs me with stuff. I'm definitely feeling the burn working both jobs. Even though I go to lunch in between each it's mentally difficult to switch from one to the other day after day. I'm going on my 2nd week of doing both jobs and like I said I have at least 1 more. I am taking Friday off and we are closed on Monday for Memorial day so hopefully the 4 day weekend will be a rejuvenating vacation. And now I'm watching a little American Idol - it's the last episode and it's down to Jordin and Blake. I'm voting Jordin, but I do like Blake's beatboxing! HAHT*

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Yikes! Sounds stressful. Will be much better once you are just doing ONE job!!

Kristie said...

yeah, I think you're right! =o)

Rick Jordan said...

Yeah, definitely sounds stressful! Good luck on the four day weekend! I can't wait until I am alone again and my job becomes ten times more stressful- I miss it! LOL