Friday, June 8, 2007

Another blog about work and how it sucks!

I've finally got a desk to use for my new position which is nice. I have it all organized and I feel much better now. But, wait - do I feel better? NO! The mortgage dept just won't seem to let go of me!! And they still won't give me a definite date as to when I no longer work in mortgage. I feel like there are so many little details I could get into, but I won't - 1 because I don't feel like it and 2 you probably don't need those details!! But, this I will add. The mortgage dept will be hiring someone new soon and they'll want me to train her/him. This will not be a 1 week thing.. it'll be AT LEAST a month maybe more like 4 months! This is getting to be ridiculous! other bank employees are starting to recognize me as working for my new boss as his assistant so they ask me questions. and then I get the regular stuff from mortgage, but rather than it being half the day with one and half with the other it's a mix! I get questions for both departments throughout the day! I can't do it forever! I can not be working in 2 departments all day long!!! Seriously, it's going to burn me out and then I'll be no good to anyone! Whatever, it's the weekend - a time to forget about my job(s) at MMB!

4 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

WOW! I know just how you feel! I am going through the same thing with six days a week of it! Plus, I am on call two weeks out of four! Feels like all I do is work! Good thing I actually enjoy it and the people I work for or I'd have left a long time ago!

Colleen said...

Why are they hiring someone? I thought the whole reason you changed positions was because they are getting RID of that department? I'm confused!

Kristie said...

i know i know! so many things have changed. They now need "loan assistants". There is just no way I would be a loan assistant... the job responsiblities were that of a uneducated young person. They truly are mindless job functions and I wanted to at least be a little challenged. Mortgage wants me to stay, but like I said NOT FOR ME!!

Colleen said...

OK! That makes sense!