As most of you who read my blog know Merrill Bank was recently bought by Chittenden Corporation (a company based out of Vermont, they own 4 other banks all of which have kept their original names). This purchase/merger just got finalized the beginning of June and some departments are still finishing up their "merging" (like mine!). Yesterday we found out that Chittenden Corporation just signed an agreement where People's United Financial (a company based in Connecticut) is purchasing the entire Chittenden Corporation! It's crazy. We went from being this small successful local bank to a 2 billion dollar bank to now a 16 billion dollar bank! It's so crazy! MMB employee's were shocked! We couldn't believe it. Obviously this was all in the works at the same time Chittenden was purchasing us. Needless to say, I'm not really all that excited about this news.
This is the press release if you're interested. Sorry I can't make it an "interesting" link, I'm not sure how. http://www.peoples.com/pressroom/article/0,8401,14328,00.html
2 comments:
Wow! Is this going to change anything for you?
To make and "interesting" (lol) link You type what you want the link to say, then highlight it and click that little button beside the text color button that looks like a chain. The you paste your we address there and it takes care of the rest :)
I don't think it'll change much for me, at least right now. Who knows though!!
Thanks, I knew you would know how to make a link "interesting".
Post a Comment