I'm sure you are all dieing to know about what has been going on with my job situation! Well, about 2 weeks ago I called the law office and they said they would have more of a decision in about a week. So, I gave them some time to do whatever the hell they were doing. During that time the bank offered me a position. I would be working half the time with the department I'm in now (Branch Administration) and the other half would be in the financial dept ... where I was before this! I'm sure you all just did a "what the hell is wrong with her!!" Well, nothing... I don't think. The guy who used to be my boss in the financial dept is gone (as in quit because he's a retard) and I wouldn't be required to take the Series 7 (that BIG test I failed). I have agreed to stay and do the split. LOTS of thought went into this. If the law office had offered me a position (I still have not heard from them) I would have had a weeks cut in vacation and a nasty cut in benefits and a possible cut in pay... they never said what I would get for pay. Overall, I feel comfortable and happy at the bank. I very much like the Branch Admin dept and am estatic I get to still work there. The great part is both of these depts are in the exact same location so that makes it easy.
I'm glad I get to stay at Merrill. I think within the past few months I've gained more respect from the "right" people. I've had a really great boss and I think this new guy in the Financial Dept will be great to work for. YAY ME!
6 comments:
I think you made the right choice. It is the law offices loss for not hiring you but heck they never called so what kind of office are they running doesn't seem like a place you want to be. I think if you are happy with where you are at that is all that matters and plus you know what you are getting with the job and no worries! WAHOO for you!! hehe love ya
You are right.... we were all wondering ;)
Sounds like 'it's all goooooood' :D
I actually was wondering about this just the other day! Sounds like good news even if it isn't the exact news that you wanted! Too many people hate their jobs or just plain hate working so you are pretty lucky! Good luck, Pats! Hope you get your dream season!
Hooray! I'm thrilled for you; I know you really enjoyed working in that department, and had wanted a FT position there. Now, TWO departments! More experience and seniority-building. (Is there such a word?) I'll tell the prayer warrior you're all set. CONGRATULATIONS!
=o) Thanks Janice! HAHA
Thats GREAT! I was wondering what was going on with the whole job thing!
Post a Comment