Scene 1: Kristie just picked Tim up from work and they are headed back to their apartment for lunch. Kristie recently got a voice message about the status on the house progress... she is now sharing it with Tim.
Kristie: *Excited to share the news* Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Tim: The bad news.
Kristie: The bad news is we have to have the septic checked because the house has been vacant for over 90 days. *See Asterisk Below
Tim: *no big deal attitude* That sucks.
Kristie: And the good news is our appraisal came back and it is $10,000 higher than the purchase price!
Tim: *smile* Good.
Kristie: That's higher than I thought it would be. At least we'll have some equity in the house right off.
Neither seem to be too concerned about the septic. They know it was replaced in 1992 and septics are suppose to last about 30 years. Let's hope they're right it staying calm about the situation.
* We are doing an FHA loan and one of the rules is if the house has been vacant for more than 90 days the septic has to be checked. Checked meaning someone has to come over with a camera and look inside the tank for cracks or whatever - I guess. We have a guy going over on Tuesday morning. As long as everything is okay than we're good to go. If not, we can't do the FHA loan - NOT good to go.
2 comments:
Awesome! I am very excited for you guys! No hang ups! LOL
HAHA Priceless how you wrote that out I love it! Well I hope all goes well with the septic though.. it can't be a smooth ride they have to throw you some bumps in the road. You'll be in that house before you know it; because you guys deserve it! Love ya!
Post a Comment