Saturday, March 15, 2008

Getting Closer

We had the septic inspected a little sooner than a originally planned (it was scheduled for Tuesday). On Thursday the plumber guy went out and checked the septic with his handy, disgusting camera. He ran it through a pipe in the basement that takes you right into the holding tank. We'll definitely need to pump the tank this spring/summer, but we would not have known that if we didn't have the septic inspected! But everything is fine with the tank so that means things can continue to move forward. Now we are just waiting for title work to be finished up and then we can set up a closing date. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard from the attorneys this coming week to set something up. I'm really excited!! Tim and I are just about pushed over the edge because of our RUDE neighbors. Last night around 1:30a.m. I heard them honking their car horn outside!! AND their friends friggin' rang OUR doorbell. WTF!! Give me a break people, STOP THE IGNORANCE! And all the other stuff I've complained about in other blogs (playing basketball INSIDE, yelling to talk to each other, and never ever appreciating Tim and I shoveling the snow. It'll just be so nice to come home to quietness.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

As someone who has BTDT, I can tell you that as great as to think it will be to go from an apt to your own house.... it's even BETTER!!!

Rick Jordan said...

Colleen is 100% right here! You don't have to ask anyone if a guy can drill a hole for cable, or if you can paint a wall or do ANYTHING! It is your house and you can do what you want! That is really cool! And neighbors far away RULES!