This weekend we got a burn permit and burned the brush pile that was in the back yard. Don't let the pictures fool you. It was an absolute raging fire when it started. So insane I had no time to take pictures because I was running madly in and out of the house with buckets of water. Karen and Jason came over and hung out with us while we burned brush for about 5 hours. It was fun. We had a bbq and got attacked by a gazilliontrillion black flies. And nothing screams good times like a gazilliontrillion black flies. Now we just have to clean up the ashes, but the back yard already looks better. Although, we think the brush pile may have been the bunny's home because he hasn't returned since Saturday and he was coming every day. I did see a mouse run out of the burning pile though. Poor guy didn't know where to go! I said "don't go towards the house" haha! 
4 comments:
Cool pictures! I love a good bond fire! Hope you had a marshmallow for me! Sorry about the bunny! Just got back from East Grand so I know ALL about the gazmillion bugs out there! They make it hard to do anything!
I can't stand bugs! I had a good time though.. the bugs weren't out the whole time; they just came out once it got later the wind died down and the rain completely stopped!! Good thing I took some GOOD pictures for you to blog!! :o) haha
I need to get a burn permit for our place too... I love burning the brush piles... after all the effort of cleaning up the yard ya get that immediate gratification of the cleaning being done.... and ashes are a lot easier to clean up than brush.
YOU SURE LIKE FIRE LOL! :)
Post a Comment