I totally set my alarm for 3:00a.m., but I totally forgot to turn it on! hahaha!! Thankfully I woke up at 3:02 and realized I had to pee and then realized I had to get up!! :) I then proceeded to wake Karen who was not having it. I changed and had begun my few morning activities (brush teeth, put contacts in...etc) And went back to Karen around 3:10 who hadn't budged from her bed! She got up and we got ourselves together fairly quickly and Karen says "so far I don't want to do this again next year." So, we head out the door about 3:30, get 1/2 mile down the road and Karen says she forgot her cellphone so we turn around to get it (if we got split up we needed to be able to find each other). As we are heading back to the house I see the trusty glow of my gas light - LOVE IT! We get some gas and then FINALLY we're on the road to BIG Deals and SUPER savings!
First stop was Kohl's - they opened at 4:00. I grabbed the kitchenaid knife set on sale for $29.99 originally priced at $99.99 (or so I thought) re-grouped with Karen in the bedding area, grabbed a few more deals and got in line. If anyone knows what Kohl's looks like than you'll know what I mean when I say I got in line in the back of the store in front of the bedding department! And a solid 2 hours later we were finally checking out!! At checkout my knife set rang up at $99.99 on sale originally priced for $149.99. I told the cashier that wasn't what I thought it was, we found the knife set in the flyer and I guess there were some minor differences so an employee goes and gets the right set (or so we thought). That also scans in at $99.99 on sale. What does the cashier do? He changes the price to $29.99, the manager over rides it and I got a $149.99 knife set for $29.99! WAHOO*!!
Next stop was Lowe's for a gift I can not share because it's for Tim. But I got it for $30, orginally priced at $90! WAHOO AGAIN!!!
We head to DD for a little fuel for the tummy and skip over to Wal-Mart to see what we can find. We ended up with a few decent buys and then decided to head back over to the mall. The mall was stupid and we didn't stay long. We went home after that and got back around 10:00. I'm pleased with the success of the trip and intend on doing it again next year - Karen said maybe.
2 comments:
NICE on the knife set! I will not be doing it next year since I don't like shopping anyway and that just sounds like craziness!
I would have been VERY upset had I waited in the Kohl's line for 2 hours and not get the knife set. That was THE reason I waited. Karen and I only had a blanket and a picture frame other than the knife set... I jokingly told the cashier that I didn't wait in line for 2 hours to buy a picture frame and a blanket!!
Post a Comment