Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Engagement!

So many of you are dying for this blog (okay, probably "not so many", but I know Nicole is haha) Yes, Timothy has proposed. I was completely NOT expecting it. He did it Christmas Eve around 10:30 that night. I said "are you serious?, Are you serious?, ARE YOU SERIOUS?" haha! Karen was over spending the night and she was in the bathroom at the time. I asked Tim if Karen knew and he said no. So I ran into the bathroom and just held out my hand to her... guess what she said... "seriously" haha* I guess Tim's mom knew and his friend Ben knew, but that was it. They only knew he had the ring, but didn't know when he was going to propose. We're still in the discussion stages of setting a date. My family is excited about the engagement, but I think Tim's family is WAY excited about the engagement haha! :) I knew they would be so I was very excited to tell them... I practically ran into the house and AT Colleen to show her and Janice. Tim did a wonderful job picking out a ring BY HIMSELF!! He had ideas on what I liked, but he went out and did the shopping on his own. He ended up going to JB Robinson in the mall. Said he left the mall once and came back later. He was nervous about buying it, but really liked the sales guy so that helped I guess. :)


Christmas at our house and then we headed to my Gram and Gramps house. Christmas at our house was awesome! We got so much stuff it was crazy!! As you could see the tree was STUFFED with gifts - LOVE IT!




We had a grea time at the Jordan's, as always. Everyone was very happy with their gifts - as you can see from the photos. I love the ones of Colleen and Chris with there mouths wide open! I used my Victoria's Secret gift card today - yay! :) Went to JB Robinson to ask about getting my ring size, it'll take 10 days so he gave me a temporary fix so I can show off a little while longer! I also found out the ring is 1 carat. :) I never had ANYTHING 1 carat before. :)
I'm pretty excited about everything. I'm still winding down from the Christmas high, but the engagement high will be with me until the wedding! I've got lots of planning and thinking to do. I'll need to come up with some plans, dollar figures, etc. to "present" to Tim. haha! Kind of stinks we have drained so much of our savings with the house and the holiday, but I'm sure we can make this happen... actually I KNOW we WILL make this happen. You only get married once, right? Or 50% of us do anyway haha! I'll be sad to no longer be a Licata, but it'll be worth it because so much more will come along being a Dunn.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I THINK IT IS GREAT!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!

He did GREAT all on his own!

LOVES IT!!!

Let the planning begin. I think I heard something about a possible fall wedding and I LOVE THAT!! Fall weddings ROCK!!

Rick Jordan said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is the BEST news I have heard all Christmas! Your pictures are great and your ring is very nice! I can't wait until September and your wedding! I am glad that you used me as an example on why you won't have an open bar! LOL- that cracked me up!

Kristie said...

haha! Okay - so I'm probably retarded... BUT Actually Rick, I think I may have misunderstood what you were asking. I DO hope to have an open bar! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas we had this year that is for sure! I am so happy for you too! I can't wait to help you prepare for everything. It'll be fun! Love ya and couldn't be happier for you and Tim. He's a great guy so he will be welcomed to the family with open arms... not that he hasn't already!

Colleen said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!!! And I can't WAIT for that engagement photo shoot!!!!!!!!!

Kristie said...

Let me correct myself once again.. not an OPEN bar, but a cash bar. You can't seriously think we're going to afford everyone's drinks do you rick? Especially YOU!

Rick Jordan said...

THAT is what I thought you meant! LOL- no, I don't expect you to pay for everyone's drinks- just mine! LOL

Kristie said...

haha! I figured you wouldn't think Tim and I could seriously afford everyone's alcohol for the entire night.