Saturday, May 2, 2009

Basement Room Update

Feeling Super pumped! Lew came by today and finished the sanding downstairs. Tomorrow I'm going to clean up the room and wipe down the walls so we can start painting. Once the paint is done then Lew will come back and put the outlets in (which will be next weekend if Tim and I get the painting finished!), then it's carpet, trim, and the door needs to be put back on. We're so close!! YAY* I can't wait to get Tim downstairs so I can have the purple room!! We've picked out an orange color (i think it's like a burnt orange) for the room downstairs - it'll be fun! We don't have any carpet yet, but I think we're going to go with a dark gray color. We've been talking about going couch shopping. Honestly, we don't have the money, but our futon/couch is so uncomfortable and since one of us HAS to sit on it at night it's time for an upgrade. Just to note I'm the one who gets stuck on the couch at least 6 nights a week! And then we'll just stick the futon in the purple room. CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

YAY for the new room!!

...and I say you should just start racing Tim to the chair every night!

Julie said...

Getting new furniture is exciting! Can't wait to see how the orange comes out. I bet it will look awesome.