Karen and I drove down to Long Island last Friday after work (left work early, 2:30). It was about an 8 1/2 hour drive. We split the driving and of course had a GPS!! My dad is from Long Island - my grandfather, 2 aunts and 2 uncles, and 3 young cousins all live there. We had a great time. We went to Duck Walk Vineyard and learned about wine and tasted a few different ones. We went into the city for a day as well. Took a water taxi on the Hudson - saw the statue of liberty, ellis island, the brooklyn bridge, the twin towers site (from the water and on land), and drove to Time Square, but it was so rainy and it was getting late so we headed back. We left late Tuesday morning and had a pretty good drive home - hit a little bit of traffic, but it wasn't bad. I'm hoping most of my family from NY will be able to make it to the wedding. My grandfather is 80 so I'm not sure he'll be up for the travel. my aunt and uncle might be moving to Florida around the same time so I'm not so sure they will make it either. I'm already planning the next trip down -hopefully Thanksgiving!!
2 comments:
Those pictures are great! Sounds like you guys had a good time. That is quite a trip- never seen any of those things myself.
He is actually 81! :) And what is this I read about a trip to NY for Thanksgiving that is the first I have heard of it!!!! It was a great trip though.
Post a Comment