Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We're having a GIRL!!

Little baby feet!!

We had our 20 week check up and ultrasound today! We found out we're having a girl! Everything looks good, she's healthy and active. She weighs in at a whopping 14 ounces! :) I swear she looks like me and totally has Tim's legs! (his are longer than mine and I'm thinking her legs look long). My mom, sister, and sister-in-law were there to share in the moment with Tim and I. I loved having them there, as did Tim, it made it even more special. Many people at work were surprised that I wanted to know the sex of the baby. They asked "why don't you want to be surprised"? But really, it's still a surprise whether I know now or in another 4 months. And they really don't know me because I would definitely prefer to know and
"plan" than to have a bunch of yellow and white
things for the baby.

I always know that Tim is super excited about our appointments, but while we're AT/IN the appointment he tends to not show his emotions. After it's over we usually hang outside for a bit and just digest what happened. That's when I see the excitement. :) He says he's just trying to take it all in and then once it settles he gets excited. haha On his way home from work tonight he bought me some flowers. And he kept saying how there was a little girl in my belly :) AND he took tonight off from work so we could spend the evening together! YAY!!

Now it's time to figure out the nursery and decide on a name. We have a first name in mind, but I don't want to formally announce it until we're 100% sure. Once Christmas is over we'll register for baby gifts and start getting the nursery a little more organized. We haven't decided whether or not we're going to change the wall color. Right now it's a purple, but it may be a little too dark for a baby's room. The sun doesn't go into that room at any point during the day so I'd rather have it a little brighter of a color.

One thing I'm a little upset about is that I thought I was going to have video on the CD they gave me. I knew we'd have pictures from the ultrasound, but my friend who is pregnant got a video on hers. :(


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! I don't even know you and I am SO excited for you! xoxo Your bloggie friend!

Nicole said...

Super Excited for baby Dunn!! I could tell the other night how excited Tim was to be a father and I know you guys will be great!!