Thursday, December 9, 2010

My little Mango!

I'm 19 weeks along today! The baby is about the size of a Mango - 6 inches long and 8.5 ounces. Each week I read up on what is going on with the baby. One of the things that the website said was that this week there is "A waxy protective coating called vernix caseosa that is forming on the baby's skin to prevent it from PICKLING in the amniotic fluid". I found this rather funny - to think that the baby's skin would pickle without this protective coating.
Today also marks the first day I wore a full maternity outfit - that means both the pants and the top were maternity!! I'm really enjoying being pregnant, well, honestly I don't always 'feel' pregnant which makes it easier. :) I really need to start exercising and stretching more. Especially where my job has me sitting most of the day. :/

I've had a little cramping and some mild lower back pain. All probably from the ligaments stretching around my uterus. :) I know I'm dreaming every night, but I just can't seem to remember them (like I did earlier in pregnancy) or they all blend together. Heart burn continues to flair up most every night.

The picture isn't the best, but Tim was in a hurry because he was running a little late getting to work. :) But I insisted I get at least 1 picture!

I can't believe we find out WEDNESDAY what we're having! Which I've been so wrapped up in the date of our ultrasound that I *almost* forget Christmas is like 2 weeks away!! I'm going shopping this weekend which I'll be able to hopefully finish up most of it. I'll probably need 1 more trip out after this weekend.

No comments: