Thursday, January 6, 2011

5 months 3 weeks

Still going strong! Belly is a little itchy sometimes, but I'm moisturizing with Bella B Tummy Honey Butter twice a day and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It says it's not greasy, but it is a little bit. I try to let it absorb a little before I put my clothes over it. I'm finally getting over a nasty cold! I stayed home from work on Monday. I was hardly sleeping because I was up coughing so much and I couldn't get comfortable. I'm supposed to sleep on my sides at night, but my hips have been hurting so I'm up at least every 2 hours to switch sides (and usually while I'm up I pee). My calves are super tight too - maybe that's not a pregnancy symptom HAHA! :) I think I'm going to make an appointment for a massage soon. I totally deserve it - I'm friggin' growin' a baby here! :)

This weekend we got our registry started at Burlington Baby Depot. I still have some things I'd like to add, but I think we got a pretty darn good list going! We're going to go with a Safari theme. It's mainly purple with a monkey, giraffe,
and an elephant. It's cute and we both agreed on
it which is good! I'm not sure when I'll go back to add some other stuff...maybe Sunday. I don't think Tim would care to go again. We got a little overwhelmed at one point with all the stuff that we would "need". Next weekend friends of ours are going to help us (minus me) paint the nursery. I think we're going to go with a simple cream/tan kind of color and maybe put up a chair rail. We haven't actually picked the color out yet, but that's what we have agreed on as of yesterday.

Our next doctor's appointment is next Friday at 8:00. I'm having my blood sugar tested so I can't eat after midnight - this is major!! I eat breakfast at about 6:30 and then I eat a second breakfast (small snack or something) at about 8:30. I will be so starving by 8:00. So I get there, they have me drink some sweet, syrupy drink they prick me, then I get to have another 3-d ultrasound because at the last ultrasound they weren't able to get certain pictures because the baby wouldn't move into the right position. YAY to seeing little baby girlie again! Then after (about 9:00) I get to drink more sweet, syrupy stuff and get pricked again - THEN I CAN EAT!! I'll probably bring a snack so I can eat it while Tim and I are driving somewhere for breakfast.

My first little baby! Mr. Obie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello girl, I really enjoyed your photos.
Greetings from Spain

congratulations on motherhood

Happy New Year

I will continue to blog
kiss

Gram Clements said...

Love the picture and you and OBIE.I just saw it on FEB.19th 2011.I think by now he will have to set on the belly. Love Ya gram