Thursday morning I wasn't feeling so great and got a little lightheaded so I thought it would be a good idea to check my Blood Pressure (BP). It was 149/95. Not good! This was after the doctor had increased my medicine from 750mg to 1000mg per day (Aldomet comes in 250mg pills) about two weeks prior. I had a nurses visit scheduled for Friday (yesterday), but I thought I should call anyway. They had me go in to get some blood work done, but fortunately everything came back fine. The Doctor increased my medicine by another 500mg, so I'm up to 1500mg per day! That's double what I was taking prior to getting pregnant. This medicine, like most BP medicines, causes me to be tired, lightheaded, dizzy... blah blah. Plus I'm tired from my restless nights (frequent bathroom breaks) and the fact I'm carrying an extra 20 pounds! I know it sounds like I'm complaining... haha! I promise that I still love being pregnant! :) So, anyway, the appointment on Friday went okay. My BP was down to 117/62 - which the nurse and doctor were happy about. The nurse also checked my pee and sure enough there was a little bit of protein in it. This can be a sign of preeclampsia if my BP was high too. I have to keep monitoring my BP at home and if it gets at all high than I need to call the Doctor. For now my next appointment is my normally scheduled 32 week check up - WITH ULTRASOUND!!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Blood Pressure Issues - Week 30
Thursday morning I wasn't feeling so great and got a little lightheaded so I thought it would be a good idea to check my Blood Pressure (BP). It was 149/95. Not good! This was after the doctor had increased my medicine from 750mg to 1000mg per day (Aldomet comes in 250mg pills) about two weeks prior. I had a nurses visit scheduled for Friday (yesterday), but I thought I should call anyway. They had me go in to get some blood work done, but fortunately everything came back fine. The Doctor increased my medicine by another 500mg, so I'm up to 1500mg per day! That's double what I was taking prior to getting pregnant. This medicine, like most BP medicines, causes me to be tired, lightheaded, dizzy... blah blah. Plus I'm tired from my restless nights (frequent bathroom breaks) and the fact I'm carrying an extra 20 pounds! I know it sounds like I'm complaining... haha! I promise that I still love being pregnant! :) So, anyway, the appointment on Friday went okay. My BP was down to 117/62 - which the nurse and doctor were happy about. The nurse also checked my pee and sure enough there was a little bit of protein in it. This can be a sign of preeclampsia if my BP was high too. I have to keep monitoring my BP at home and if it gets at all high than I need to call the Doctor. For now my next appointment is my normally scheduled 32 week check up - WITH ULTRASOUND!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was preeclamptic (elevated BP & proteinuria) with Christopher, although I didn't have a history of high BP. I remember my doc telling me to eat plain white rice, drink so much water that I'd think I was floating away, and elevate my legs higher than my heart whenever I was just sitting around or lying down. That's harder than you think. Seemed to work: I was more than two weeks overdue!
Love the family picture.Will be praying all goes well with BP.You look like your coming right along Gramp says/we always look forward to your up dates.Take care Love Ya Gram&Gramp
Great luck to you in the home stretch. Soon you will be saying "I love being a Mom!" I still say that 16 years later. Time flies. My son will be off to college in just 2 short years. (Sniff)It is so nice to see people who really take the time to stop and enjoy every up and down of having children.
Post a Comment