Thursday, March 17, 2011

"WOW, you're really getting big..."


Seriously, when is it ever a good idea to say this to ANYONE!! If you feel you must point out the obvious than please follow it up with some sort of compliment. And by compliment I don't mean you talking about how HUGE you were when you were pregnant over twenty years ago. I'm
tired, emotional, and uncomfortable. And unless I mention it first I'd rather you didn't say how big you think I am.

I'm 33 weeks along today! Just another 7 weeks to go. Unless of course the little lady decides to make an appearance early! :)

Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment and had a non stress test done on the baby. They put a heart rate monitor on my belly and record the babies heartbeat for about 15-20 minutes. I also had the standard things checked - BP, urine, and weight - all of which looked good! I go back late morning tomorrow to do the same thing all over again! With all these visits I've been making I've gotten to know the entire office really well! :) My calves have been tight the past couple of days - more so in the morning. They cramp up during the night so the next day they're sore. And I've been having some Braxton Hicks contractions. They don't hurt, but it's really uncomfortable to sit while your belly feels like a steel ball! Just when I thought my heartburn couldn't get any worse... it has. Sometimes it hurts so bad I feel like I'm going to throw up. Sure enough, in my sleep I threw up a little in my mouth which of course woke me up IMMEDIATELY! I have also been trying to drink as much water as I can possibly choke down. It's not always difficult to drink a lot of water because I feel thirsty all the time, but it tends to be an issue when I wake up 6 times a night (sipping my water every time I wake up - I can't help it, I'm SO THIRSTY). :)


Tim said my belly looks really white. Do I need to point out the obvious (I'm white).

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Looks like it's almost time for that photo shoot!!!!

Gram Clements said...

Great Pictures.

Anonymous said...

Very cute and you don't look like you have gained any real weight other than baby weight. Good for you! The time seems to be flying by for those of us who are NOT pregnant. LOL Hope your shower was fun!

A. said...

LOL -- I've never been pregnant, but several of my friends have and I am VERY careful not to say, "Oh my gosh, you're getting so big!!" Because really, even if you're all belly, which most women aren't, no one wants to hear that!

You look fabulous. Congrats!! :)