Monday, April 25, 2011

38 weeks 4 days

Why is everything just so hard!? haha I've been debating on whether or not I want to start my maternity leave a little early. I'm having a hard time focusing and getting anything done at work and half the time I come home early because I can hardly keep my eyes open. I even fell asleep the other day on the lunch room couch!! (Why was I even lying down on the lunch room couch you ask? Because I just couldn't sit at my desk anymore, I needed to lie down!)

As of Friday there was no change - still just 2 cm dilated. The doctor said that my placenta has some calcium deposits which tends to be more common at the end of a pregnancy. It means that the placenta is starting to weaken a little. He said it wasn't all that bad and nothing to be concerned about. If it was to happen mid-pregnancy than it would definitely be a concern. I asked my doctor about when he would induce me (if necessary). Because of my BP issues he doesn't want me to go over my May 5th due date. So I think if there is still no change at my Friday appointment (April 29th - 39 weeks 1 day) than we'll schedule an induction for the following week (the week of my due date). This is the LAST thing I want. I really want to go into labor naturally. He did say that we'll induce sooner if the baby is showing signs of stress or my BP starts to increase too much.

My appointment is at 10:30 tomorrow morning, think they'll be any change? I haven't noticed any contractions the past couple of days. Although sometimes I think the Braxton Hicks contractions can go unnoticed. My appetite has been insane! And by looking at these pictures you will notice that my belly is also insane! Sometimes I don't think that it feels that big, but other days I'm like "holy crap, who put this here". :)

4 comments:

GRAM CLEMENTS said...

WOW HON!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE GRAM CLEMENTS

Anonymous said...

Well, do you feel like your kicking her out of the way with your thighs as you walk? LOL If not, then she hasn't fully 'dropped' yet. I do think the time has gone by fast, even if you don't… and you don't look to have gained much weight - just baby. Nice job Kristie - coming down the home stretch… Yahoo!

Tim said...

I put that there!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful; no doubt about it! Are you printing out all of your blog pages to make a scrapbook for your daughter? Love you!