Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nursery and Belly Update


The nursery pics above include when friends of ours helped paint the room a few months ago. Everything seems to be in its place now we're just waiting for the little lady to get here.

I ended up having an ultrasound at my doctor's appointment today. The baby weighs about 7 1/2 pounds and if I go until my due date she will definitely weigh more than 9 pounds! She looks great though. I'm still 2cm dilated - no change there. (boooo) I could still "go" at anytime though! Fortunately, my blood pressure has been staying relatively low. My weight gain is a little more than I had hoped for - 32 pounds. Not much I can do at this point! And the time has come to say I've got stretch marks. Yes - on the underneath part of my belly. It makes me very sad. The first 3/4 of my pregnancy I felt like things were *perfect*. I was loving every second of it. Then this past month things got "hard". Physically I'm tired, but emotionally I'm like on a crazy roller coaster and it's not fun. The weight gain started to bother me and more recently the stretch marks made their grand entrance! I can admit to the constipation, the extra gas, or even the extra "discharge"! but to admit I have stretch marks is uncomfortable for me. sigh*


Once our little girl is here I'm sure these stretch marks and this weight gain will be the furthest thing from my mind. The stretch marks I can only hope will fade quickly. I plan to breastfeed which tends to burn a lot of extra calories so I don't feel I'll have trouble getting the weight to come off.

No comments: