I had my glucose test this morning (check to see if I have gestational diabetes). I failed. As the nurse said I didn't fail by much. What this means is I have to go to a local lab and have a full GTT test (I have no idea what that stands for, but it's the same testing, but done over 3 hours rather than just 1 hour). I've scheduled it for Thursday morning. I have to be there at 7:00 a.m.!!! I could have done it tomorrow, but with my work schedule I'm not able to make it in and to fast 2 days in a row is just crazy talk. :) The nurse recommended I watch my sugar and carb intake....watch my what and what intake? SERIOUSLY!! You want me to DIET!!?! UGH. hahaha!! So, not only did I fail, I gained 7 pounds which puts me at a 14 pound weight gain. I've been hitting the 3-4 pound mark every appointment which is P.E.R.F.E.C.T. 7 pounds = not perfect = not good. Let's be honest though, my extra weight gain and failed glucose test are clear signs I'm eating way too many sweets. My BP wasn't so bad at 120/84, and it was only that high because I had skipped my morning BP pill since I was fasting (although, I think they would have allowed me to take it I just had forgot to ask about it). Of all days I got offered cookies twice and peanut butter fudge once. I LOVE PB fudge, but kindly passed along with both offers for cookies. If they had asked me yesterday I would have gladly said yes to all 3. Anyway, the nurse said it's likely I will pass this next round of testing, but obviously I'm still taking this seriously.
1 comment:
Boo to weight gain but that is what happens when you start baking up a storm in your house!! :) Glad you are still taking it serious not that I thought you would do anything else. Fingers crossed for Thursday that you pass AND hope the low sugar and carb DIET is going well :) Love ya!
Post a Comment