Saturday, December 22, 2012

I passed...barely.

24 weeks
 I did the sugar test (GTT, Glucose Tolerance Test :) ) on Thursday.  I passed. HOWEVER, it was still borderline so I will test again in the doctor's office at my next appointment.  I'll continue to be a little cautious on my carb and sugar intake.  The nurse didn't seem very concerned when I talked with her so that's good.

Anyway, so Thursday's test began at 7:20 (I checked in around 7:02 and waited a little bit before they came to take my first blood sample).  They poked my arm and did a 30 minute test to see what my sugar levels were at without "the drink".  After I drank a small soda bottle worth of flat orange soda tasting sugary-ness.  It kinda upset my belly at first, but I was fine.  After that I was tested 3 times every hour.  I didn't leave until 11:00!!!  By about 12:30 I had a major sugar crash...it was miserable.
Is it me or does my belly have a flat spot?  haha!  WEIRD.  

I'm on vacation for a full week and looking forward to relaxing and spending time with Tim and Kaelyn.  I was hoping for some snow since we got Kaelyn a sled for Christmas (well, Santa did).  I guess I could drag her around on our GREEN lawn!  haha  :)

1 comment:

Gram said...

looking Good Kris..