Saturday, December 8, 2012

Kissing all the ornaments...


We picked out our tree on Wednesday and decorated it this afternoon.  Kaelyn was a little unsure of the tree when Tim put it up Thursday afternoon (it sat outside for a night), but she quickly adjusted.  When I brought out the ornaments I let her play with a few unbreakable ones which she very much enjoyed.  As Tim started to string the lights she got even more happy.  She kept handing Tim some of the ornaments and more lights.  She never wanted to really put any ornaments on the tree, but did want to take them off.  :)  There were a couple that she wouldn't leave alone and one of them she had an easy time getting off the tree.  I can't even tell you how many times she kissed multiple ornaments while they were on the tree (and off).  As I would ask her not to take them off she would put her hands down and then kiss it. It really was the most adorable thing.

We still plan to put up some more lights and garland around the house.  We'll probably put some lights on the front porch as well.  I have a few decorations out, but we've got to be sure the house is really festive! :)  I'm looking forward to Christmas morning as I've got my breakfast menu set to go.  The past 5 years or more I've made a late breakfast for my Mom, Step-Dad, sister, Tim and I...nothing fancy, but I LOVE breakfast food so it makes me happy. I'm hoping this year that my sister's boyfriend will also make it over since it gives me a reason to make a little more food!  :)

 22 weeks

Tim finally got to feel the baby move this morning!!  It's so exciting when I get to share the movement with him, I just love it!  The little guy is really starting to get more active which is my favorite part of being pregnant.  A few times I have even been able to see my belly move a little when he kicks.  I'm looking forward to meeting our son in April! :)

1 comment:

Gram said...

Oh Kris so enjoyed sharing in your family tree deecorating....