Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Eve Eve


I am so ready for Christmas!! Our tree is looking a little weak - we got it December 2nd and it gets pretty dry in here, but it'll last a couple more days. Tomorrow night Karen is going to stay over - it's gunna be so fun! When we were younger we used to try and keep ourselves as busy as possible on Christmas Eve so the day would go by fast. We would barely sleep and get up around 3:00am to open our stockings. We usually went into my room, opened it up and than went back to sleep for a few more hours. We had a weird routine, but we did it for YEARS! Around 6:00am we get mom and dad up and we start opening by 6:30am. We were never one of those families that opened one gift at a time - we'd have Christmas done in like 15 minutes! We pick out our new outfit for the day, sift through our stuff and get ready to go to Gram and Gramps - where we would end up with another huge Christmas! Obviously things have changed since then, but it was always a lot of fun. Good time good times!!! This will be Tim and I's first Christmas together. Last year we exchanged gifts, but we didn't spend any of Christmas day together. It's going to be a really great Christmas - I can feel it!!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

LOL! I think you may be more excited than the KIDS!! :D

Our mother NEVER would have let us take our stockings to our rooms!! Did Tim tell you how she barricaded us into our rooms with paper bags and trash bags so that she would hear us if we tried to sneak out!?

Anonymous said...

Now those were some good times! How things have changed so much though now! I miss those day; I wish we could have one more christmas like that with all the excitement, not being able to sleep, and more presents then we could handle! Well, I will see you later tonight for my sleep over!!!! :o) Love ya!