Saturday, February 3, 2007

Car Repairs!

My car has been making this weird squeaky noise (a belt) for over a month now and I finally decided it needed to be fixed (along with an oil change). I took it in and was expecting a $65 price tag when I left. Not even 15 minutes after my appointment I get a phone call saying my brakes needed new pads and some other thing was really rusty and needed to be replaced. Just an additional $275!!! I take my car back to Quirks where I purchased it - maybe a bad idea, but I do it anyway. They charge $76.50 an hour for labor! Holy Crapola! So needless to say my parts and labor came out to the exact same price!!!!! Actually, my parts were $2 LESS!! I, from now on, promise to shop around!! I did get 2 free car washes out of the deal (big wahoo) =/.
The "guy" (who, by the way, was named Tim) called me to tell me about this new $275 change in price as well as get my okay to do the work and asked me how often I use the car. I said I use it daily, but he said it looked as if I rarely use the car and that it possibly appears it has sat for 2-3 months!!! Afterwards I thought about it and I rarely do use my car. I drive literally less then a mile to work, park it all day and then drive home!! The grocery store is 1/2 mile from home, the gym is like 5 miles from home... ACMoore is probably like 5 miles from home too! I rarely drive my car far. So my personal diagnosis is going to be to drive my car! haha!! How often does that happen, that you don't drive your car enough? This coming week I'll be putting a little extra mileage on it being out at Colleen and Rick's while they're whoopin' it up in Florida. =o) But, I'm happy my car is running quieter now and my brakes feel awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOL CRAP!! That did come to a lot! I need to take mine in for an oil change and whatever else. I think they do other stuff with it being new and what not! Oh bother!! It's gotta be done though and I am going to be taking it to Quirk! :o) It's not often someone drives their car everyday but it just isn't enough hahaha!