Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sleepin' on the job!

Today was a boring day. The department got lunch because we tied in loan volume for the month of February with Bangor Savings (our #1 rival!). So, to "celebrate" we got free lunch from the Whig! YUM!!! I can eat Pub Subs EVERYDAY!! =) LOVE'M! ANYWAY... I ate my lunch at my desk while I worked, than actually left around 2:00 for my break (long story as to why I took it late). So I ran out and did an errand than I still had like 45 minutes before I had to be back so I came home. I was getting a headache so I took some Excedrin Migraine and decided to lay down a few minutes. I NEVER fall asleep on my break... even if I want to I can't because my body knows I have to be back to work soon. Well, I fell asleep around 2:35 and had to be back by 3:00!! I slept until 3:30!!! I wake up and jump off the couch, look at the clock and I just couldn't seem to register I was 30 minutes late. I go to the bathroom, go to the kitchen and look at the clock again, I'm like wait a minute... so I look at my watch, then I go back into the living room and look at the stereo clock (digital) and I'm like OH SHIT! I call work and Olivia is like "what are you doing" I'm like "I just woke up, I'm leaving right now!!" Of course, everyone at work laughs at me - thank God I work at a place where people don't get mad about stuff like that. Needless to stay the hour nap and the Excedrin took my headache away! =o) Maybe it was worth it. I was so out of it when I got back to work... I just hadn't properly woken up. Nobody really noticed I was gone until one of the girls was like "where's Kristie" and that was only a couple minutes before I called. Good day good day!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

ROFL!!!

Artistically Twisted said...

That is too funny.... the worst part of something like that is the panicky feel that sets in either Right when you wake up or just as the realization that you are late sets in.

Heart rate at like 200 miles an hour or so.
;0)
Glad you work with people that aren't uptight about that stuff.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA that is to damn funny cause that is so out of character for you!! Man, it is a good thing you work with good people.. I am glad I work with good people too if I did that I am sure they would laugh at me. haha Not that I take a lunch hahaha It is good your headache went away though and didn't get any worse by getting up so fast and what not. I am sure Tim was amused by it too! Well ok I am goign to write to you on your work email now hahaha !! Love ya