Somedays I get this irritable feeling and I just don't know where it comes from. I think it could be a mix of things or maybe a subconscious thing. Today it started AT THE GROCERY STORE. We drove into a parking lot that looked like possibly everyone and their children were there!!! So I said outloud "oh, it's busy... we shouldn't do this right now, but tomorrow the store will be closed and we have NO food so we should just do it. I will stay calm and not let anyone upset me and Tim you will also stay calm and not upset me". haha, okay I added the last little bit for funniness! Anyway, we get in the store and it really turned out to be okay until my Grandmother called and I started the conversation off with "I'm in the grocery store, we just got here". Which means say BYE! Nope, 10 minutes and about 13 f-bombs later (all in my head of course) she finally says bye. (quick re-cap on my Gram, SHE IS A TALKER!) I can't stand to be on the phone in the grocery store because I try to still shop and Tim tries to ask me questions about this or that.
So, we calmly get home and put our food away. We bought some new batteries for our door bell - which I thought was the problem - but it still won't work. I start to get frustrated and decided to set it aside. Then I realize the door isn't shutting well AGAIN! I slam it what felt like a 100 times and then said "Okay Kristie, you need a time out". I went into the bedroom, laid down, shut my eyes and just didn't move for 5 minutes. This was about 2 hours ago and I've been quietly sitting around since. I swear I'm like a child some times and I just need to go to my room to cool off! I think I did a good job! Tim took off to jam with his friends which I think was a good idea for him and it gives me some additional quiet time. Jamming Saturday nights has become a regular thing and he really likes it!
Karen might come over later. I gave her the heads up that I'm feeling irritable and don't know why so just help me keep my Zen vibe going. I told her I'm trying to stay quiet (talk quietly, walk quietly... you'd be surprised how much it helps!)
I'm going to stop now that you all think I need anger management classes! =o)
2 comments:
It must be the day for that. I am bitchy too and I warned Tim about the grocery store with everyone getting their Easter Crap because everyone waits til the last minute ;)
:::sigh::: I WISH I could do the quiet zen thing but the kids don't really cooperate with that kind of stuff ;)
I lock myself in the bathroom sometimes...I overheat and it takes a while for the lid to blow but it does happen. I think it is good for your health to take a few minutes a day and just wipe away the crap from the day. I understand the music thing too I play everyday, but when my sister comes over and we play together I feel like we accomplished something. I don't always feel motivated to get to that point though :) BE WELL!
Post a Comment