Spent a good part of the day yesterday at the folk festival. We had a great time! There was a lot of people there as usual. We went walked down around 11:45 and came back around 3:00 because it was SOO hot. Tim gets really uncomfortable when he gets hot and once he gets hot he can't cool down! He gets worked up about it which makes him more hot! So we can home and took an afternoon shower. Luckily our apartment stays pretty cool so we hung out for a couple of hours, I took a nap and then we headed back down. I had me some yummy kettle corn and Tim had about 3 strawberry smoothies. Around 9:00 it started to rain and than it poured! It was funny because it started so quickly and everyone was in a tizzy running around. Tim and I were suppose to meet some of our friends at one of the beer tents so we headed in that direction. Our friends end up calling us while we're on our way over and say they're leaving because of the rain. We decided to stay and listen to some reggae for awhile and headed home around 10:15. I don't think we're going to go down again today. We're doing laundry and we have to get some groceries and it's humid again.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Folk Festival
Spent a good part of the day yesterday at the folk festival. We had a great time! There was a lot of people there as usual. We went walked down around 11:45 and came back around 3:00 because it was SOO hot. Tim gets really uncomfortable when he gets hot and once he gets hot he can't cool down! He gets worked up about it which makes him more hot! So we can home and took an afternoon shower. Luckily our apartment stays pretty cool so we hung out for a couple of hours, I took a nap and then we headed back down. I had me some yummy kettle corn and Tim had about 3 strawberry smoothies. Around 9:00 it started to rain and than it poured! It was funny because it started so quickly and everyone was in a tizzy running around. Tim and I were suppose to meet some of our friends at one of the beer tents so we headed in that direction. Our friends end up calling us while we're on our way over and say they're leaving because of the rain. We decided to stay and listen to some reggae for awhile and headed home around 10:15. I don't think we're going to go down again today. We're doing laundry and we have to get some groceries and it's humid again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had fun! Never even went down there this year- even though I am not a big fan of long lines and tons of people.
There was definitely tons of people! I heard on the news they estimated about 162,000 people visited the festival over the weekend.
Post a Comment