Tuesday, September 4, 2007

US Open - Dunn vs Licata

Last night Tim picked up a tennis racket in hopes of discovering the sport he'll make it big in. =) ... So tonight after work we went out to the courts outside of Mansfield Stadium and served up a few balls. It was fun!! At first we were practically running from one of the courts to the other just chasing the balls down. Eventually, we got things under control and played a couple of sets. It's not fair to say I won (even though I did), but I have played before I just hadn't played in a couple of years. I think we're going to start playing a little more, but I guess not for long because before you know it it'll be too cold!! It was a beautiful night to play, a little breezy, but nice. I was surprised when I realized we had played for about an hour. I'm glad nobody else had shown up because it would have been embarrassing. At least a quarter of the balls ended up on the other court and few OUTSIDE of the court. =) Good times!!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

When it gets too cold you guys can play racquetball at the Y... now THAT is fun!!!

Rick Jordan said...

That is cool that you guys went out and played tennis! Also sounds like you guys had a really good time! I don't really agree with the racquetball thing though- didn't think it was that fun!

Nicole said...

Racquetball is hella fun!! Especially when you don't know what you are doing and some random old guy tells you all about it and you don't listen to a word the guy is telling you, your only goal is to pelt the other person with the ball as hard as you can!! LOL!