Monday, October 8, 2007
Kickin' the heat on
UGH! I've never hated winter so much as I hate it in this apartment. This apartment is the "DRAFTY-EST" place I have ever lived (and I used to live in a trailer and those are pretty drafty!) The heat blows and it gets like 100 degrees in here and then within 30 minutes you're like "where the hell did the heat go?" It's great in the summer time because it stays pretty cool. The heat is also that INSANELY dry heat ( I suppose all heat is "dry", but you get it) that gives me bloody noses in mid-winter! bluck! The house is just old and the owners haven't taken the time to properly seal it up. The crazy part of that is they pay for the heat - great for me, but ridiculous for them!! I imagine if my apartment is drafty so are the other 2!! Again, I don't pay for it so whatever! But they could save themselves alot of money if they even just sealed the windows! Sitting on our couch (which most of you know is underneath a large window) we feel such a draft - and the windows are fairly new so there is no reason they couldn't have made them a little more energy efficient! Okay, enough about the crappy heat. I have to say - I'm already excited for Christmas! Yeah, I just love it! I've even bought some small things here and there for karen and my mom. I'm not really sure what to get Tim this year. Definitly less extravagant than last year. He said he wants some new computer speakers so I might just do that. I just took Tim back to work so I'm relaxing by myself, doing a little job searching online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW- I didn't really think about it but Christmas isn't that far away! That stinks about the drafty windows in your apartment! Good luck with the job search! You will find something soon!
I know what ya mean about the heat giving ya bloody noses... I get 'em every winter. :0(
Wholy Cow, Christmas talk already!!!!
Post a Comment