Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Did somebody say Christmas?
Yeah, I said it!! I can't wait for Christmas! Just a couple more things to get and BAM I'll be done. Last year I adopted a family through the Salvation Army. And I raised some money through work to buy gifts for the family. I had a great time doing it and so this year I did the same thing. But this year instead of asking for a family of 4 I requested a family of 2. I raised about $250 last year, but it just isn't nearly enough for 4 people! Money goes FAST!!! This year I have quite a few people who are buying gifts on their own and others who are donating money. I have a short list of items the family is wishing for so it's pretty easy to get all those things plus some! The family is a Dad and his 12 year old daughter. I have about 15 people involved which I'm very excited about!!! Nothing like helping out a family in need to put someone into the Christmas spirit!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so nice!!!
I just signed Jessi and myself up to serve xmas (not actually on xmas) dinner at the Hampden 'Meals for Me' site. i thought she would groan when I told her, but she is really excited!
That is really cool, Honey and Kristie! Those are really nice gestures by both of you! I am happy Jessi is excited to help them!
I think that's a great idea and to get Jessi involved is awesome!! I think it'll be fun because you guys are doing it together.
Post a Comment