Sunday, November 18, 2007

So Much TURKEY!

Tim and I have had a turkey in the freezer forEVER (almost). And we decided to finally cook it (with a little coaching from Colleen). Our freezer just isn't that large and we also have a ham in their so you know what we'll be doing in a couple of weeks (cooking our first ham!) So anyway, Monday (or was it Sunday?) I took the turkey out and have been unthawing it all week. At the time I wasn't even thinking that Thanksgiving will be just a few days away when I cook it. O well, we'll have turkey tonight, on thanksgiving and again on saturday (my grandparents are having their thanksigiving on saturday). This is actually the first time I've ever cooked a turkey. I got the bag like Colleen suggested so I'm thinking I can't frig this thing up!!! =o) Tim insisted I put the stuffing inside the turkey which I think seems a little gross considering the inside LOOKS disgusting!!! But I did it anyway, and I'm sure I'll eat it.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

So how did it come out!! Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Kristie said...

It came out awesome!! And it was pretty easy! I think you mentioned this before, but it is kinda a bummer that the skin doesn't get crispy. But I think I'd rather have moist meet than crispy skin.

Rick Jordan said...

Now you are going to swell her head all up! LOL! She can cook though!

Colleen said...

Yeah... I wish there was a solution to the crispy skin issue.

Glad it was yummy though!!

Anonymous said...

How about you invite us next time though!! hehe

Kristie said...

I did mention to Tim that we should invite people over, but I figured nobody would want a turkey dinner 4 days before thanksgiving!

Artistically Twisted said...

There is no such thing as TOO MUCH turkey *nope*

Well... I mean the tryptophan kicks in after a while and makes you a drowsy useless hunk of flesh.... but then again.... maybe that's just me? *Shrugs*

Artistically Twisted said...

Happy turkey day!