We get these e-mails at work that are titled "job update" and it includes who is leaving (a.k.a who quit yesterday), who is being promoted, or switching positions. Well, it seems as of late we have been having a lot of "Job Update" e-mails. TONS of people are just leaving. No notices - nothing! Well, today we got another one of those e-mails and a person that has been with the back for about 15 years (since MMB birth) has left. As most of you know the bank was bought a 2nd time and it became official Jan. 1st. We are now owned by People's United which is based out of Connecticut. And let me tell you, we are friggin huge now!!! We have over 300 branches from NY to ME. Anyway, this person is leaving the bank because he doesn't want to be a part of such a large organization. He likes the small local business idea. Prior to him leaving we've had 4 other employees leave within the past couple of months. All of them had been with the bank at least 4 years. And all were in well-to-do positions. Not a good sign for ole Merrill Merchants!On to news about my job update!! I had a 2nd interview yesterday and it went insanely well! I met with the other partner attorney and he said the other 2 attorneys I had met with both had very good things to say about me! WAHOO! It's looking like this job just might pull through... but I still have that little part of me saying "but it might not work out." Get this, they are firing someone... and this someone is who I will replace. AND GET THIS, everyone in the office knows, but her... AND I KNOW TOO!! I should hear back from them the middle of next week. Wish me luck!
5 comments:
Good luck! At my work, you just get the "so and so no longer works for Hartt Transportation" e-mail. Of course, they usually get fired and then hired back two weeks later but that is another story!
Good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed but it sounds like it is going to be a go! I hope it is because you deserve it!To funny about the lady that is going to be fired and everyone knows EVEN YOU but she hasn't a clue hahaha! Man, you didn't tell me so many people were getting done at the bank. That is just at you bank too right? Wonder if it is happening at any other locations?
yeah, it's just at MMB that those people were getting done. I don't know if any of the other banks are experiencing the same. I doubt it. They haven't gone through 2 mergers in less than a year!!
Tim's grandmother, "Rainy Nana," the Prayer Warrior, has this topic right up near the top of her list! She's delighted to help you out. (She'd like to meet you, too!)
Best of Luck, Kristie.
haha! Glad to hear it Janice! =o) I've heard some very interesting topics arise when visiting Nana... I'd be delighted to meet her! =)
Post a Comment