Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chick Hill





I went hiking up Chick Hill this morning with my friend Trish. It's not a long hike, about 30 minutes, but it's fairly steep and the view is wonderful! The weather turned out to be surprisingly warm. Once we got to the top the black flies were horrendous! We only stayed up there about 15 minutes and then decided to head back down.







When I got home I decided to mow the lawn and came about 10 feet from a doe! I was just mowing along and BAM, I'm facing the woods and she is staring at me. I was frozen then I decided to run! hahaha!! I didn't know what she would do , if anything. Then I was like TIM TIM you gotta come out here. So we walked back over to where I left the law mower and couldn't find her. Then she ran in the direction of the woods (I think she wanted to cross the road). She watched us while we watched her for awhile, but we eventually lost sight of her. Pretty cool though, huh!?


**I TRIED TO POST THIS YESTERDAY, BUT IT WAS BEING STUPID!

7 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

You are very lucky! Most people don't survive their first encounter with a whitetail doe! LOL! You are lucky she didn't rip your arm off like my deer did to me! That is actually pretty cool though- laughed my ass of thinking of you running from the deer! I have been to Chick Hill before! Nice place!

Rick Jordan said...

Sounds like you need a game camera and a shit ton of corn! When is your birthday? LOL

Kristie said...

HAHHA!!! Yeah, Karen made fun of me for running away too. I was just so caught off guard I really didn't know what to do! My birthday was a month ago, but I'd consider it a late gift. :)

Artistically Twisted said...

Rick... you an me can go halves on the corn and camera....

I mean I am not sure exactly how much a "Shit Ton" of corn is going for but it is probably gonna be a lot because the few places that I called could give me an exact price.

Artistically Twisted said...

I mean't "COULDN'T"

Rick Jordan said...

Last I checked a shit ton was a tad over 2000 pounds! I am thinking a 50 pound bag will do the trick!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been up to going with you guess looks like you had a great time. we have to be sure to all go hiking again this year like we did last. Don't fear the Deer she won't hurt you haha