(Putting aside the fact that I went to someones house who I have never met and got to pick through their stuff - uncomfortable? YES!)
Monday, September 29, 2008
LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF!!
Tim and I really got so much great stuff from his Nana's house this weekend. We have most everything organized and in it's place. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dresser with the mirror! It looks beautiful!!! :) We have the island set up in the kitchen and I think it'll stay. We were unsure at first because it looks like it's sorta "floating" in the middle of the kitchen. But it looks good and it just takes some getting use to. We'll probably paint it white and get something to cover up the bottom part (where the wheels show) so it blends in better with the floor. Colleen decided she didn't want the 3rd dresser we brought back so Tim and I kept it for our "baby" hahaha!! Which goes nicely with our rocking chair (also for the baby)! :)
As most everyone knows the original receipt for the bedroom set was kept. It was originally purchased in 1958 for about $541.00 and after 50 years (that's more than 4% inflation per year) that would be almost $4,000 today!!! SERIOUSLY DUDES!! And the shape this furniture is in it's just amazing!
The snowblower could not have come at a better time either. We were planning on shoveling all winter!
(Putting aside the fact that I went to someones house who I have never met and got to pick through their stuff - uncomfortable? YES!)
(Putting aside the fact that I went to someones house who I have never met and got to pick through their stuff - uncomfortable? YES!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You definitely got some good stuff! Glad you guys got stuff you can use. And I am very happy you are getting stuff for the baby! LOL
I guess your kitchen was pretty full!! That stuff really is in beautiful shape; it is amazing it is as old as it is! WAHOO for baby stuff! :o) That snow blower is going to be a big relief when winter comes.
Post a Comment