I search and I search every day the same thing. No dogs seem to jump out at me and say "hey, I'll be your new doggy". I've inquired on a couple of dogs, but it never seems to work out.
I went to the Town of Frankfort Office today to pick up a deposit for the bank and when I opened the door the sweetest cocker spaniel greeted me. (For those who do not know, I grew up with a cocker spaniel and he was my all time favorite dog!) This little spaniel came right up to me wagging his tail with a little empty sandwich bag in his mouth. He was so proud of that sandwich bag. I bent down to say hello and he continued to wag his tail and jump on me. When I was about to tuck him in my jacket and run out the door another one comes around the corner! This one was a little more timid (possibly female), but still very sweet! At this point I realized I was there for a reason (to pick up the deposit) haha - so I tended to my business and quietly said goodbye to my new found friends. It was one of those moments that if the owner said "Want one" I would of said "hell yes"!!! Despite Tim saying he doesn't want a cocker spaniel. sigh*
The entire ride back to the bank my heart was breaking because I knew I would later be going home to a doggy-less house. :( I recently finished my desperate search for the right dog, but again no luck.
12 comments:
You will find the right one! Be patient! My four year old mentality tells me so! LOL
Did you hear about all those hundreds dogs rescued in Kennebunk from that puppy mill?
http://www.sunjournal.com/story/240370-3/LewistonAuburn/Wanted_Homes/
that was me... and that was totally the wrong article, that one is a year old! Trying to find the right one....
OMG....
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12323228
and AWWWWWWWW he broke his wittle weg....
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12093753
lol... that was me again....
OK one more and it's Ghost Whisperer time...
this one sounds like such a NICE DOG and so pretty!!
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12376429
Why are you posting as me? Do you get some sick pleasure from pretending you are me? LOL
If I was to find a dog in MA or further away would I have to drive to get it? Or is there a way to "ship" it to another shelter??
You would probably have to drive somewhere like Jessi and I did when we went to NH to get Sampson... it's not so bad!! Sometimes they do have transport teams at rescue places though.
...Actually I went to NH to get Nicky too. I adopted him from the Collie Rescue League of New England.
Post a Comment