And why is it so expensive to have a wedding? People are just ridiculous! Friday night we went to check out Morgan Hill Event Center, to rent the room for 5 hours it would cost $2,300 AND an additional $500 to get married outside. Food would have been about another $1,200! GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK!! For those poor at quick math that's $4,000 (you're welcome Rick, HAHA) just to eat and have a place to get married. Sigh* We ended up not bothering to go down to Alamoosook Lakeside Inn yesterday, it would have been only more of the same (I got some figures over the phone from them).
I've called 7 places, all are either booked or are just too expensive for us. I have one more place to look at, the Isaac Farrar Mansion. They are a little more our price range, but I've never been there although I have heard some good things about the place.
We really would prefer to spend less on the wedding so we can have a better honeymoon. But what the heck! I could get a trip to Mexico for a week cheaper than this wedding is turning out to be!
6 comments:
The Isaac Farrar Mansion is really nice. Another option is the Penobscot Valley Country Club. My sister had her wedding at Cascade Park, free and the reception there and it was REALLY nice. The botanical gardens at the University is an option for the wedding itself. You have time to figure it out, don't get too freaked out!
I called PVCC on Friday, they're already booked for 9/26. They were fairly reasonable in price too and I heard it's nice and good food. I guess I'm freaking because I feel I'm running out of options. Cascade Park would work, although it may be too cold for the reception... And there's no real back up plan if it rains.
There is also some "amazing" botanical place that people at work were talking about that has a limited number of weddings per year in return for a certain # of hours labor in the gardens... Rick and Jessi and I would of course pitch in towards the hours!! I will ask again what it's called... or maybe some here knows.
See, this is why I posted this. I knew I would get some much needed support! :) THANK YOU
Of course I will help! Like was said earlier, don't freak out- you have options and time!
I went to a wedding at the Isaac Farrar mansion and it was beautiful! Each room had different things going on (because there are a TON of rooms!)and people just kind of wandered through untill the dancing started later on. It was a great wedding.
And I don't think you can just vacation in Mexico for that much money, I'm pretty sure you can live there for eight or none years for 4,000 dollars, LOL!
Post a Comment