Thursday, January 20, 2011

6 months 1 week


The baby is about the size of an eggplant this week. She's going to start putting a little bit of fat on now - right now her skin is kind of transparent. I'm definitely starting to notice my belly. I'm not nearly as graceful as I once was especially getting out of bed which ends up being about 2-4 times per night. More people at work are starting to mention my belly. Today I had a belly "comparison" with a guy that I work with. A bunch of people from my department were gathered around (food was involved) and I stood beside him and he stuck out his belly (which he didn't really need to since it was already bigger than mine haha!) Everyone cracked up laughing. A couple of days ago one woman I work with asked me how far along I was. She said I looked big for 6 months. THANKS A LOT LADY!! haha!

My heartburn has begun to intensify. Everything but water can trigger it at this point! I'm trying not to overdo on the Tums, but there are times it hurts really bad and if it's before bed FORGET IT - I have to take something. Still no stretch marks and I haven't noticed the dark line under my belly button although not every woman gets these. I'm tired today probably because I was up 4 times last night! (Or maybe it's the fact that I'm GROWING A BABY!) Fortunately I'm able to get back to sleep fairly quickly. I think I should invest in a maternity pillow. I've looked at them before, but decide against getting one. I couldn't justify spending the $40-$50 on one. I had stopped using a pillow between my legs, but started again last night and it made a difference; I felt more comfortable. But now I need the support under my belly too and the maternity pillow would help both these issues. I could just use a second pillow to wedge under my belly, but when I'm getting up and down in the middle of the night it's such a pain! I hate just readjusting the pillow between my knees let alone mess with a second pillow for my belly.

My doctors office called this week and said they want to do another ultrasound at my next visit, February 11th. They want to do a growth chart. They said it's normal to do it between 28 and 32 weeks. At my next appointment I'll be 28 weeks, so I'm kind of surprised they called to have me come in earlier instead of just waiting until the appointment after. Not that I mind!! :) I love seeing my little girl.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Just get a body pillow... way cheaper. I still use mine. Rick calls it "the other man"

Anonymous said...

I never got the dark line. I didn't think I got any stretch marks, either, until that fateful day when I happened to be dressing in front of the mirror.... There they were: UNDER my belly where I couldn't see 'em Sneaky little devils!