
This doctor's visit was a little less then perfect. Before I get into the embarrassingly honest part of the check up I'll start with the ultrasound. The baby looks good!! She weighs just over 3 pounds. She continues to measure slightly above normal, but it's not a big deal. Tim and I both weighed a littl

e over 8 pounds when born so the doctor's expecting a big baby! YIKES haha! She refused to move her hands out of her face so we got a bunch of shots that look identical to the one above. This one at least has a little eye poking out :) I found out that because I have high blood pressure (again, I have been treating this with medication for several years) is the reason they are doing extra ultrasounds. So I'll have another one at our next appointment, March 11th, 32 weeks!! Often times women with high blood pressure have baby's that don't grow as well, but apparently our little girl is doing just fine!! YAY!!
My blood pressure was a little high, 130/81. Nothing major, but higher than the doctor would like at this stage of pregnancy. I had been running 115/74 or so. The doctor is increasing my medication dosage and I need to keep a closer eye on it. I have a blood pressure cuff at home so I can check it and he wants me to stop in sometime next week to see how it is. sigh* Weight gain. Oh, the weight gain!! 10 pounds my friends... I gained 10 pounds in one month!!! Not ideal!! I gained 2 1/2 months worth of weight in 4 weeks. In my defense the last appointment when I was weighed I was doing my glucose test so I hadn't eaten breakfast AND I normally have my appointments after lunch so I'm guessing I had really gained more at that point it was just the timing of the day that threw things off. With that said...I'm up to a total weight gain of 19 pounds. Not horrible since the doctor wants to see me stay between 25 and 35 pounds. Also, when the doctor did my

exam to be sure my cervix was still closed as it should be he immediately says "you're constipated". I was a little surprised and said "I am?" and he again repeats yes haha! I said that I'm pooping every day or so I thought, but he said it just isn't enough poop! He made a lovely estimate of about 2-3 pounds of poop is in there! Which my first thought was "thank God, I didn't ACTUALLY gain 10 pounds, part of it is just POOP!" He said to take some Metamucil or another fiber supplement OR take a suppository. And in the doctor's words the suppository "would blow you right out" HAHAHA!!! Guess you guys know what I'll be doing this weekend! But seriously, how he knew in a matter of seconds that I was constipated without doing any type of rectal exam or even asking me if I was going to the bathroom is beyond me! haha! Tim was even a little surprised when the doctor just blurts it out!
Not my best doctor's visit. I am concerned about my blood pressure. I had noticed myself getting a little light headed once and awhile. I'm just going to keep taking care of myself, maybe cut out a few sweet :)
5 comments:
Ah... the joys of pregnancy :)
Love the honesty!! Your belly is looking photo ready!!!
OMG, I am at work and laughed right out loud...and I needed that laugh desperately! I assume the dynomite did the trick?
IT IS SO GREAT WATCHING YOU PROGRESSING IN BEING A MOMMIE. YOU LOOK VERY HAPPY.HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF PUTTING THE HAPPY DAD ON WITH YOU.I KNOW YOU WILL HAVE TO GET SOMEONE TO TAKE PICTURE.WILL BE WAITING FOR NEXT POST. LOVE YOU GRAM
Tim weighed 9lb, 1oz. I couldn't snap the crotch of his "going home from the hospital" outfit!
Post a Comment