No, they don't call it Lamaze class anymore. We do go over breathing exercises though among many other things like the birthing process, child care after the baby is born, we get a tour of the labor area/nursery, pain meds, and we talk about the questions we have. We also got a ton informational stuff. Yesterday was our first class, 12-5 and today we have another class 12-5 and then there is one more class Monday, April 18th from about 6-8:30 and that class goes over just breastfeeding. Most of the class yesterday kind of went over stuff we already knew, but I'm still happy we're taking the class. There are 10 other couples in the class -"interesting" couples. The instructor is really great! She's really animated which makes most everything funny - at one point Tim and I were the only ones laughing and we both had to make a conscious effort to stop! :) I guess not EVERYONE finds her as funny as we do.
My Dr's appointments this past week went well. Everything seems to be staying right around "normal". I'm noticing some swelling in my feet and legs. Right now my feet look better - ankle bone has reappeared and my toes will spread a part again. My hands also look a
Less than 4 weeks to go until our due date. I think we're pretty much ready - with the word ready used very loosely. There are still a couple of things I'd like to get before she gets here, but they are not "must haves". I'd like to get a few meals cooked and in the freezer so when we get home we have some dinners that will be easy to thaw and reheat. I did make some banana bread and blueberry muffins so far. Next weekend I'll probably make a larger grocery run and get some things made up.
My hospital bag is almost ready. I need to get some stuff together for Tim (not that he can't pack for himself, but there are some things I don't think he'll consider to pack). I'm going to be a Mom - I think I'm getting scared!
2 comments:
Looking Good!!!!Looking Good!!!!!
Beautiful… and you and Tim will be great parents!
Post a Comment