Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's a BOY!!!


We're having a baby boy!  It was so exciting to see him on the ultrasound.  The ultrasound tech did all of the "health" shots of the baby first.  Checking the spine, heart, kidneys, head size, etc.  All looks good right now, she didn't have any concerns.  Once the baby moved around some she was able to get all the shots she needed and got a good picture of his butt and explained everything we saw.  Tim of course couldn't "see" what we were looking at just like he had trouble with Kaelyn's ultrasound visits.  :)  He was moving around and kicking which made it even more fun!!  Now we are working on picking out a name for our little guy.  We have the complete opposite taste in names so this will probably take the remaining 4 months of this pregnancy!

It was funny because during the visit the ultrasound tech listened to the baby's heart beat and it was 130 beats per minute.  In that moment I thought "it's a boy" because I remember Kaelyn's heart beat always being much faster.  :)

After meeting with the ultrasound tech I had my check up.  My weight gain and blood pressure were great! PHEW!    My next check up is December 17th.  This next visit will be the blood sugar test which means I have to fast...no food/drink (other than water) after midnight.  Fortunately, the appointment is at 8:15a.m., but I WILL be starving because the appointment takes about an hour and I can't eat the whole time.  Last time I past with flying colors, hopefully this time will be the same.

2 comments:

Gram said...

So Happy for you and tim.Kaelyn having a new baby brother is so great.He will be her protecter in the future.

Karen said...

So excited for you guys!!! You will have to plan to go to breakfast after your appointment December 17th :-)